Monday, October 3, 2011

Rejoicing…

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!”  2Corinthians 5:17
Yesterday, my dad, along with two others from our church, made a public profession of his faith in Christ by getting baptized!  He shared with friends and family that he has put away the old self and now is allowing Christ to live in and through him.  God is a patient God and it’s never too “early” or “late” to start a loving relationship with Him.  What a celebration!!
“I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me.  The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.”  Galatians 2:20
DSCN1010We read God’s word together…
“For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God…” Ephesians 2:8DSCN1029We prayed together…
We laughed together….
And all the kids jumped in the pool together…and not a single one had on a bathing suit!  But that’s how we roll at Ignite Church…we’re a crazy, fun, God-loving family!
Praise God for a beautiful day!

Blessings,
J’lene

No comments:

Post a Comment