Monday, September 12, 2011

A little something different…

Where did my weekend go?  I guess it just goes to say, “time flies when you’re having fun!”  I think it is safe to say that many a weekend the hubs is preparing for a wedding or a funeral, or time is spent getting the church ready for Sunday morning.  But not this weekend…this weekend was a bit special!

What could be more exciting than camping with Grammy and Papa?  

I don’t know, maybe spending an entire day with the hubs all to myself, just maybe?

Now, this wasn’t going to be just your “normal” camping trip, they were going Horse Camping.  Yep! The horses were going camping too.  All I can say is, “glad it was them and not me!”  Not quite the fan of camping…bugs, dirt, and I just don’t get along!  Oh, but I went along for the ride and I’m glad I didn’t miss it.  We caravanned up to the Green Valley Falls area near Lake Cuyamaca and it was just beautiful (my pictures don’t do it justice).
Here’s a little snippet of the afternoon… (before we left  our babies in the wilderness, so they could enjoy as much dirt and as many bugs as they wanted!)
DSCN0539 DSCN0540
The horse was thirsty, so naturally she filled up his bucket until it overflowed!!
DSCN0543DSCN0544
This one needed to know he was going to love camping, so naturally she reassured and comforted him(and also gave him some water)!!
DSCN0545 DSCN0534
DSCN0546 DSCN0549
                                       Green Valley Falls
DSCN0556 DSCN0559
They were safe, they were happy and that was enough for me!

Now it was our turn (the hubs and I) to enjoy the weekend without any bugs or dirt!  We decided it was about time to do something a little different, something other that running errands, grocery shopping (which I needed to do, but hey!), or catching up on our “to do” list around the house.  So, I did some searching and came across this sweet restaurant called “Healthy Creations”, which just so happened to be right next to one of my favorite outlet malls…Score!!  It was win-win in my book…food for the hubs and shopping for me!
DSCN0566DSCN0570
Loved the fact that I could enjoy more than just a salad because they offered gluten free wraps and bread.
DSCN0579
The hubs had a “Southwester Wrap” with black beans, organic lettuce, cheese, avocado, and a spicy ranch dressing (he loved it minus the fact that he forgot to ask for chicken).
DSCN0578
I enjoyed a “Mango Salad” wrap with red onions, fresh organic mangoes, mixed greens, cucumber, candied walnuts, and avocado.  It was served with a side of tropical dressing which was just fabulous.
DSCN0580
  Some of the “insides” fell out so I topped it with a little dressing and enjoyed as a salad!
DSCN0582
Dessert was a no brainer since it was a gluten free bakery.  I think we demolished this chocolate chip cookie in two bites…YUM!
DSCN0584 
After a very satisfying lunch we headed over to the mall.  We ended up walking around for about four hours enjoying each others’ company and the fact that we didn’t have to rush off to go anywhere.  It was a time well spent…and much needed!
DSCN0586Being a good sport, or just plain goofy, while I thumbed through all the racks of clothing!
DSCN0589 
Stopped to refuel…a chai tea latte for him and a passion-fruit iced tea lemonade for me.

A simply fabulous day! 
The End.

*I promise more fun recipes this week..think “B” for buckwheat!

Blessings,
J’lene

1 comment: