Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Not much…

We started our week off with a field trip to the Scripps La Jolla Birch Aquarium with some families from our home school group.  It was our first field trip of the year and it couldn’t have been more fitting as we are studying “creatures of the sea” this year!  Not only was it exciting to see all the fun little, and big, creatures found in the ocean’s waters, but they offered a lot of hands on activities that the girls enjoyed.
DSCN0913
DSCN0912
DSCN0902
DSCN0903
DSCN0908
I think all us girls crashed on the way home…we were pooped!!  Thankfully dinner was in the crockpot because I was checked out for the evening!  Actually, I was blessed to get to go and enjoy the evening with some wonderful ladies.  Once every couple of months a group of pastor’s wives get together to fellowship and share our journeys in ministry.  Last night we were pampered with spa hand treatments, including an organic hand scrub and paraffin wax.  It was heavenly to say the least!!  And dinner was gluten free pasta in marinara sauce and an Italian salad from Olive Garden…delish!  We shared many tears and praises and I walked away refreshed and content in being a pastor’s wife (at least for today)!!

Today we got back into the groove of schooling and had a great day!  We accomplished math, phonics, handwriting, reading, language arts, geography, history, and health…WHEW!  Somewhere in there we had lunch and I feasted on some raw veggies and this yummy sauce I picked up at the farmer’s market.
 DSCN0916
They have it in three fabulous flavors…lemon, pesto, and chipotle.  We’ve tried them all and chipotle still comes out on top!  Just check out the ingredients…grape seed oil, almonds, water, lemon juice, nutritional yeast, garlic, liquid amino acids, and spices.  So simple, so creamy, so fresh, and so everything that I have in my pantry and fridge right now!!!  Let’s see what I can do!
Then there was some dancing to be done…
DSCN0758
DSCN0759
Showin’ some attitude in her new pink tutu!

And home for a late spaghetti dinner.  The girls helped me to prepare the sauce earlier this morning…smelled so good simmering away on the stove.  With that done, I just boiled some brown rice spaghetti noodles, popped some focaccia bread in the toaster oven (I know, I know, I’m lazy), and brought out last night’s leftover salad.  Voila! Dinner is served!  Sometimes easy, peasy is what I need.DSCN0919  
DSCN0923

Blessings,
J’lene

No comments:

Post a Comment