Monday, April 16, 2012

Craving cookies!!

Love, love, love waking up to the sun peeking out over the mountains!  I was actually “craving” a run (the rainy weather last week had me inside doing more strength training than cardio) and the sunshine motivated me to get outside early this morning.  Unfortunately I forgot to charge my ipod, so I ran sans music.  It was just me, the morning breeze, the birds singing in the trees and one lone turkey gobbling for his friends!  He ran for the hills faster than I could run home and get my camera.

After coming home a sweaty, hot mess I grabbed some breakfast…

Sun Butter Protein BarDSCN2607 I topped it with some banana slices and a spoonful of chia seeds…hit the spot!

The Princesses are ready to hit the books and get back into the “groove” of homeschooling.  We’re definitely movin’ and a groovin’ this morning because we have a lunch date with the hubs’ grandparents this afternoon at Soup Plantation followed by a quick shopping trip to Trader Joe’s.  

Speaking of “cravings”… Do you ever crave something you just can’t have or, in my case, can’t seem to find?  For the longest time I’ve been craving a delicious gluten free “Chewy Chocolate Chip” cookie!  Since I’ve been baking gluten free for the last three or so years, I have made my fare share of yummy gluten free versions of chocolate chip cookies, like these…

Chocolate Chip CookiesDSCN2999

and these…Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip CookiesDSCN2315

and these…Pumpkin Pie Chocolate Chip CookiesDSCN0669

and these…Salted Oatmeal Chocolate Chip CookiesDSCN2489

But while these are all tasty and I would surely make them again and again, I just haven’t been able to create what I feel is a “true” chewy chocolate chip cookie that just melts in your mouth right out of the oven.  That is, until I came across these…

DSCN3749

 Soft, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies by Ginger Lemon Girl

DSCN3750

Oh, Holy Yum!!!

DSCN3748These are EXACTLY what I have been searching for and craving all these gluten free years!  These little gems are amazing and yes, I had to wrap up a bag to put in the freezer so I wouldn’t devour all 2 dozen of them in one day!  Even the hubs can’t keep his big paws off of them! 

How does the saying go?

If it ain’t broke, then don’t fix it!

These cookies definitely don’t need any fixing!  They just need to be eaten!

Blessings,

J’lene

2 comments:

  1. Will you be posting the recipe to these delicious sounding cookies? I would love to make them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candace,
      If you click on the title "Soft, Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies" it will take you to the recipe link! I'm usually tweaking recipes to make them fit the needs of our family, but these were absolutely perfect as is!! I hope you enjoy and thank you for stopping by.

      Blessings,
      J'lene

      Delete