Sunday, July 22, 2012

San Diego Sunshine…

I think the hubs and I have gravitated toward downtown San Diego more this summer than we ever have in the 11 years we’ve been married!  I guess we really didn’t take the time to discover all that San Diego has to offer and we’ve been lovin’ it. 

It all started on our anniversary “stay-cation”…

DSCN4655

Loving all the unique shops and beautiful scenery down at Sea Port Village….

DSCN4656 DSCN4793 DSCN4805 DSCN4807 DSCN4812 DSCN4814 

Like two little kids in a candy shop!

DSCN4658 DSCN4659 DSCN4798 DSCN4803 This is so me, especially at the end of the day!

DSCN4799 DSCN4664

DSCN4657 The hubs and I are not coffee drinkers, but we stumbled across this little bookstore/coffee shop that offered a “Blended Chai Tea” that is out of this world good!  If nothing else, I think it’s safe to say that we would make the trip just to have one of these!

 

Some new to us restaurants…

Boudin Bakery…Definitely not gluten free friendly, but I was able to enjoy a warm bowl of tomato soup and the hubs had a steak sandwich with caesar salad.

Fred’s Mexican Cafe…I enjoyed the San Diego Salad with grilled fish and the hubs devoured some enchiladas.  And yes, we shared a deliciously huge strawberry margarita!

And some of our  favorites that we keep on coming back to (not all of which are exclusively in the downtown area)…

Tin Leaf Fresh Kitchen

Healthy Creations

Las Olas

The Cheesecake Factory (definitely a place to indulge, but I found one of the best veggie burgers I’ve had and the waiter was so kind as to check all ingredients to make sure my meal was gluten free!)

Some that are on our “need to try” list…

 Local Habit

Evolution Fast Food

Cafe on Park (not gluten free, but definitely options)

Burger Lounge (the quinoa burger looks delicious!)

Naked Cafe

I hope to get back to some regularly scheduled blogging this week!  I have some refreshing salads to share and some treats too!

Blessings,

J’lene

No comments:

Post a Comment