Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What We’ve Been Up To….

So far, we’re enjoying the fun that this Autumn Season brings us!

DSCN5747 Fall leaves…we learned why the leaves change color this time of year!

 DSCN5816 And created some of our own (since we don’t see too many colors around our parts!)

 DSCN5819

Apple Picking…our yearly tradition!

DSCN5744

DSCN5746 

DSCN5748

DSCN5750 The apples were a wee bit small this year and they ran out of bags!  Note to self: schedule apple picking at the beginning of the season and bring extra bags!

DSCN5751 Small or not, we got us some apples and we all went home happy!

DSCN5752 Sort of…

 

DSCN5758 Apple cider mustache!!  A drink of fresh apple cider brought the smile back!

And some good apple eats…

Paleo Apple Squash Muffins from Fresh 4 Five

(I replaced the butternut squash with acorn squash puree)

DSCN5803

Apple Butter

DSCN1406Sweet cinnamon creamy goodness!!!

Pumpkin Hunting

DSCN5733 This is what I found… two lovely princesses and a handsome prince!

DSCN5732 I ended up being too busy pulling the wagon and helping find “just the right” pumpkins without any tears, that I missed out on taking any pictures!  There’s always next year, right?

But at least there were some good pumpkin eats…

DSCN5799

Spiced Pumpkin Almond Muffins from Paleo Plan

DSCN5802 Super moist with a lot of spice….SOOO GOOD!  This was my first year buying some sugar pumpkins to bake and oh, what a treat!  It’s hard to go back to the can after having had something so fresh.

DSCN5809

Pumpkin Raisin Mini Muffins adapted from Carrots ‘N’ Cake

DSCN5813I made these into mini muffins for an easy snack option and also subbed out the walnuts for raisins and pumpkin seeds.  They’ve been quite a hit with the princesses and I love the fact that I can just pop these little guys out of the freezer for a healthy grab-and-go treat!

And while the fam has been feasting on these delicious goodies throughout the week, I’ve been having a little “feast” of my own…a JUICE feast that is!

Over the past couple of months my stomach aches have been more frequent and have gotten increasingly worse, so I did a little research on the benefits of juicing and decided to dust off my trusty juicer and have at it!  First up was a trip to the local farmer’s market to stock up on fresh organic produce…there were beets, kale, spinach, parsley, mint, pears, cucumbers, carrots, lemons and limes, just to name a few.

DSCN5849

DSCN5850

And out of that, these delicious drinks were born…

Okay, SOME could definitely be called delicious, but a handful of others were, well, just not that appetizing. 

If you’d like to have some more info on juicing check out these sites:

The Alkaline Sisters

PH Miracle Living

Raw Family

Although my body definitely felt the nourishment from juicing, I unfortunately did not achieve the healing I was hoping and praying for.  I get that it is a process, as it is with most changes we make in our lives, so I will continue on in my juicing journey and I trust that the Lord will heal me in time.  Until then, I will be anxious to meet with a new doctor in a couple of weeks. 

Nourishing Thought for Today:

in Luke 9:23 Jesus said, “If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.”

“Taking up your cross” is a moment by moment process of yielding to Him.  When we walk daily with the Lord and surrender our life to Him we can expect to encounter some pain, suffering and difficult times!  I can definitely attest to that this week!

Are you willing to make that sacrifice?

(source)

Blessings,

J’lene

No comments:

Post a Comment