Saturday, April 7, 2012

A post of many colors…

The hubs took me out on an afternoon date to the Carlsbad Flower Fields and out to dinner to one of my new favorite restaurants, The Tinleaf Fresh Kitchen!  We’re only a short 45 minutes from Carlsbad, but this was our first time visiting the much talked about “Flower Fields” and it was definitely something to talk about.  I just wanted to share a sampling of my favorite photos from the day….

DSCN3607

DSCN3608 The roses in the “Rose Garden” were amazingly beautiful….

DSCN3611 And each one had a name of it’s own (should have taken the time to write some of them down)!

DSCN3613

DSCN3617 DSCN3619 A spattering of color….

DSCN3623 turned into a rainbow!

DSCN3625 The expanse of the fields was mind blowing….I think over 50 acres of flowers.

DSCN3626

DSCN3634 A tribute to our soldiers….red, white and blue flowers planted in the shape of the American Flag.

DSCN3637 After wandering the rows and rows of flowers, we took a stroll over to the “Artist’s Garden” and enjoyed yet another array of flower arrangements accompanied by the sounds of singing doves.

DSCN3639

DSCN3647 God’s creations are simply beautiful….

DSCN3649 And simply amazing! 

And I had a simply wonderful afternoon with my hubs!

We definitely worked walked up an appetite, so to dinner it was!  We discovered The Tinleaf Fresh Kitchen last year when we went to the marriage conference in Carlsbad and I’ve been dropping hints that I’d love to go back.  Their food is organic, fresh and just divine!

The hubs got his favorite meal…

DSCN3652 Backyard BBQ Sandwich (sliced tri-tip, caramelized onions and natural cheddar cheese on an artisan roll) with a side homemade French fries

I ordered a “Craft Your Own Salad”….

DSCN3653 with mixed field greens, balsamic basil vinaigrette, quinoa, red onions, cucumbers, carrots, and sliced avocado (and I snagged my fair share of fries from the hubs!).  I love ordering this salad because you can “craft” a new and different one each time with all the dressings and toppings that they offer!

If you live in the San Diego area, the Carlsbad Flower Fields are a must see and The Tinleaf Fresh Kitchen is a must try for lunch or dinner!

Now I’m off to finish all my baking and preparations for Easter Sunday!  I’m in charge of the fruit for our Easter Brunch, so I created this colorful fruit platter.

DSCN3667 DSCN3669 And thought I’d bake an extra goodie to share, knowing that there might not be much I could eat.

DSCN2158 An Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cake….oatmeal, chocolate and gluten free…OH YUMMY!!! 

For church I baked one of my all-time favorite breakfast cakes…Quinoa Breakfast Bake.DSCN2288

Nourishing Thought for The Day:

Easter says you can put truth in a grave but it won’t stay there! 

Clarence W. Hall

Happy Resurrection Sunday!  Tomorrow I will be reminded of the HOPE I have in Jesus because…

cross

(source)

Jesus said, “I am the resurrection and the life.  He who believes in me will live, even though he dies; and whoever lives and believes in me will never die.”  John 11 25-26

 

Easter Blessings to you and your family,

J’lene

No comments:

Post a Comment