Monday, January 7, 2013

New Year…New Start!!

It’s good to be back again (let’s just not talk about how long it’s been)!  And it’s good to have the feeling of starting “anew”….no need to sit here and worry about the “should of, would of and could of’s!”  Before I get my fresh start goin’ on, here’s a quick glance at some family happenings in December.

As part of our “Countdown to Christmas” this year, I put together a “24 Days of Togetherness” box.  Each day we pulled a piece of paper out of the box and simply followed the directions!  Each day we focused on doing something “together” as a family, serving  and loving God, each other and others.

There were 25 days of praising God for who He is!!DSCN6156 DSCN6158 DSCN6159

There were homemade gifts for neighbors…DSCN6170 DSCN6172 

A new ornament for the Christmas tree…DSCN6164

DSCN6166

Notes to share what we love about each other…DSCN6162

A special Christmas Tea…DSCN6151 DSCN6131 DSCN6141 DSCN6142 There was also Christmas movies, hot cocoa, a special drive through town to look at Christmas lights,  a candlelit dinner, and so much more!!  Our “24 Days of Togetherness” box allowed us to make such sweet memories and I so look forward to carrying on this new tradition in the years to come.

DSCN6179  On Christmas morning our faces shined with smiles, our hearts were ready to worship and our bellies were ready to savor devour homemade cinnamon rolls!  We got so caught up in our singing Happy Birthday to Jesus that I forgot to snap a picture, but it is safe to say that these cinnamon rolls will don their deliciousness way before next Christmas!!

The last day of 2012 found us “Welcoming in the New Year” (that was the name of the WOD and I’m not so sure it was too “welcoming”…more like grueling!) with our crossfit family as well as celebrating the hubs’ 37th Birthday!

 With 2012 behind us, what’s in store for 2013?  Only the Lord knows what He has planned for us and I look forward to watching Him work in and through our family this year!  I did, however, set a few goals for myself…

*pray more/keep a prayer journal

*give Jesus all of me and live each day like there is no tomorrow

*love my hubs better

*praise my girls more

*make some PR’s at Crossfit

*take the Paleo Challenge

*run a 10K

*blog once a week (I’ve been in the kitchen a lot and have so much to share!)

I’m sure I could keep thinking of more things that I would love to accomplish this year, but one thing I don’t want to do is to get in over my head and become overwhelmed or disappointed in myself.  So, I will set my heart and mind on the Lord, walk with Him every moment of my day and watch Him do a mighty work in me!!

delight-5x72(source)

Looking forward to blessing YOU in 2013!

Blessings,

J’lene

No comments:

Post a Comment